Many women want to have a boudoir session for themselves, but even more, women want to surprise their significant other with the photos from their shoot. As lovely as the idea may be, I do not recommend women actually wear their husband’s white button-up shirts. If you want to include something your husband may recognize, you definitely need to see the list of items I do recommend. But first, let’s get into why I say “NO” to your husband’s shirt.
- Most men’s shirts are stiff and body which leaves little room for it drap elegantly around your curves. This can leave you with a less than desired fit and look while wearing and posing in his shirt.
- Many of us have husbands that are a lot larger than us. Their shirt will literally consume our bodies and leave us looking as if we are wearing a sheet rather than a shirt.
- The collar usually has stiffness in it which won’t be very flattering when drapping it across your shoulder, waist, or buttock. It’s just a “no”
One way you can successfully utilize his shirt during your shoot is to sit on the edge of a bed with it between your legs as you clutch the collar to your chest with one hand. There are a few other ways to make it work, but the vision you may have can be easily accomplished with this soft white button-up shirt that I absolutely adore. It comes from Amazon, and if you have Prime, will come in 2 days at most.
Now, if you’re open to it there are an infinite amount of ways that you can incorporate your man into your boudoir session, but here’s a few:
- Use one of his neckties as handcuffs in you’re feeling frisky or to drap across your buttock for some sass
- Bring his favorite team’s jersey for some playful fun
- Wear parts of his work uniform if you’d like
Need more boudoir lingerie ideas? Take a peek at a few things that we have in the client closet! Check them out here.